Tuesday, March 6, 2007

MICA GE PI

I had the well-acclaimed mica GE/interview on 6th march at JBIMS Mumbai

Reached JB at 7 55 with drowsy eyes.. submitted all documents stuff … signed

9 to 10 30 was MICAT time… I m telling u maths was not simple… had a tough time… had some fun in section e (e.g. 64 s on a c b = 64 sharks on a calm beach)

Then found out that I m in the afternoon session… so went for a brunch wid some friends…

GE: Ok guys this was a shark market!!!!! 15 people shoutin hard… only saving grace was that in the middle we decided to speak one by one in line and everyone cud say something… we were stopped before time because of high decibel levels…

Was 5th in the panel for interview… 3 people Prof(P), young Prof (YP), Lady Prof (LP) and moi isshtudent(S)….

P: Come , Please have a seat..
S: Obliges

YP: So u have written that ur strength is sense of humour, tell me the best one liner u hv heard…

S: (I am absolutely blank, cant remember anything, I hv no idea why):

YP: Chalo, lets cut a deal… Tell us a joke , if all of us laugh u t thru…
S: (Tried remembering hard… still nothing gud… remembered a pretty stupid PJ which was not that funny) : Blabbered

YP: Since all of us didn’t laugh convincingly, you have to go thru the interview the hard way.
S: Yes sir, I think I deserve that… (smile)

YP: So why MICA
S: Told

YP: so u write ad reviews… where??
S: on my blog sir…

YP: tell me I will note it down
S: sure sir… told

YP: fav campaign
S: Lots sir, Surf Excel ‘daag acchein hain’ is one of them..
Lots of question answers on this ,,also on other campaigns….

YP: So what did u do at ****** ltd.
S: Told

YP: why leave nice sales and get into problems of branding and marketing
S: Told

P: why did u leave ur job
S: Told

YP: U seem to hv a high percentile… obviously u will not take up MICA
S: blah blah abt how MICA is very high on my list…

YP: so I m sure u hv plans to marry at some stage
S: yes sir

Conversation on what kind of wife I want… working-housewife etc etc.. then they asked me love marriage or arranged marriage… I gave lot of blah blah and then said very seriously

S: Love marriage can be arranged and arranged one can be loved….

P,YP,LP started laughing loudly,,, I understood I had said something which wud have sounded ver funny in an interview setting!!!

LP: So u finally made us laugh

I joined in and all of laughing for 30 seconds, pretty funny situation

YP: Ok ok , but this doesn’t mean u r thru

P: ok rate urself as a team member on a scale of 0-10
S: I think it will be 8 sir

YP: even after ur group’s GE
S: yes sir

YP: ok thank you S
S: Thank you sirs, madam

I think the interview was about knowing one as an individual… no stress and stuff…. In fact I was laughing smiling all the time… I think there were some more questions but this is all I can remember

Stay good guys

No comments: