Wednesday, March 7, 2007

IIM Indore GD/PI

So third IIM interview for me

March 7, 2:00 PM , dadar catering college, mumbai

Around 20 people assembled in the hall(5 absent)… peculiar thing was one guy in black kurta and jeans …. And he had a lone I call… I m sure he was not interested

Anyways… we were Divided in 3 groups.. 7 people present in my group… 5 mins to read, 14 min to speak, 5 min to write a summary on back of your form…

The Case was about this guy AMAN who started a agri-related business with funding from a venture capitalist.. the person who has funded is not ready to put more money for expansion while Aman thought expansion was necessary.. the VC is also shown to be authoritative and dominating… there was a personal angle that Aman s family wanted him to take up a job and stop the entrepreneur funda… also a incident where Aman’s sister had said no to a boy (for marriage) who was suggested by VC…..

Long case.. lotsa characters, angles… But I thing overall we did well… Personally, I spoke around 5 times… Contributed well…

Then they told us to go back to waiting hall.. they told us that they will call us randomly so we shud not go anywhere…. I was the first one to be called by my panel …

Panel was nice and made me comfortable : Male Prof(MP), Lady Prof (LP), moi issshhhtudent (S)

MP,LP: Good Afternoon , have a seat

S: Obliges

MP: So How does it feel to be called first

S: Sir, since the order is random, I don’t think it make a difference, Everyones expecting their name all the time!!!

MP: OK, So why did u leave ur job at **** ltd.

S: Blah

MP: ok, so you have done your electronics and telecommunication engineering

S: Yes Sir ( Scared now , obviously not showin it)

MP: So what subjects you studied and liked

S: Sir I liked practical subjects like Mobile, PCOM, Television Engg etc

MP: So what is difference b/w GSM CDMA

S: Told (Yeah , Knew this inside out)

MP: Compnay to introduce CDMA in India

S: Told

LP: Why Vodafone wants to come to india and why HWL is going away

S: Told

MP: What do you think ESSAR should do

S: Told

MP: Why reliance is bidding for GSM BW now

S: Answered something, not sure if 100% correct ( Asked more stuff about different companies)

MP: Teledensity?

S: Told

LP: So lets talk about your hobbies

S: Sure madam

LP: You said you like watching and following Ad campaigns.. Tell me your favorite recent campaign

S: Motoflip campaign (spoke a lot on that, I think I spoke nicely)

LP: Do you know what is emotional branding, explain with examples

S: Told

Lp: lets c other hobbies… blog… whats this name

S: Madam it’s a truncated form of Web log

LP: inventor of blogs

S: I don’t know madam

MP: So what are BRIC countries and why are they grouped together

S: Told

Mp: who coined the term

S: Not sure sir, but I think it was one of the US based consulting companies ( Was not sure is it Goldman Sachs?)

MP: What are BIBSAT countries?

S: Sir I have not heard of that group sir!!!

Mp: Is it actually a group or I am just coining it?? (GUYS What say?)

S: Sir I have never come across that term..

MP LP giggle a little..

LP: So you were in sales and marketin… I will give you a situation… we are in Alaska... and we are Eskimos… sell us a fridge

S: Tried something… (panel laughing beech beech main… I joined in too )

LP: have you heard about abbys

S: yes madam, told

LP asked me about who won what etc… didn’t know 2-3 things

MP: your grades are only average, we are disappointed

S: tried some explanation …

MP: have you given CAT previously

S: Yes sir third attempt… but first time I got calls

MP: Which all interviews are done

S: Sir A K

MP: how was the experience

S: told


MP,LP: Ok S, thank you and all the best

S: thank yous



This is all I can remember… I think there were some more questions….I think it was pretty decent… … no stress… fingers crossed


Next Stop C on 13th


Stay good Guys

No comments: