Tuesday, March 13, 2007

IIM C GD/PI

Last IIM Interview… No way the least… IIM C

Dadar Catering College, 13th March

Case Study: Thanks to Pagalguy , I knew that there is a case study on the cards… It was about a low-cost airline facing lots of losses… They want a customer centric image and hence planning more friendly approach… However, also planning to overbook and give more confirmed tickets so that planes get filled… staff having lots of problems… what should company and staff do?

Decent… everyone spoke decently… I could also contribute 5-6 times ….

Told to wait… would be called in seating order of GD…

Was very hungry… no breakfast… went to catering college canteen… grabbed to vada pavs then ready after having 2 chlormints

4 people in the panel … P1, P2, P3 , L(Lady), moi issshtudent (S)…

P1: Come Good Morning
S: Good Morning Madam, Good Morning sirs.

P2: So how do you feel
S: Great Sir.

P2: OK, so you work for ****** ltd.
S: Sir, I was working for **** ltd.

P2: Oh, so what do u do now
S: Told

P2: So what was your role there
S: Sales etc. (told)

P2: oh medical electronics sales….
S: yes sir

P2: Tell me one thing, is there any sales involved… doctor already knows what to buy
S: Sir it’s a very competitive market… also prospecting and sales presentations are very crucial…( went on… told about steps in a sales process etc etc.)

P2: Ya but still doctor will buy what he wants to…
S: Told more

P3: So what else u did at **** ltd.
S: (I was loving it, because I could passionately speak about my job experience)

P2: So you have written your interests include blogging…
S: Yes sir

P2: So what do you write about…
S: Lot of things sir… also ad reviews (Some conversation followed)

P2: So why is blogging good
S: Told

P2: But it spoils the language grammar etc. right
S: Told (Neutral stand)

P2: Do you read blogs
S: yes sir lots of them

P1: But tell me one thing…. (smiling )With so many nice photos and pics on the net will anyone actually read blogs..
S: (with a smile ) Sir I m sure there is time for everything…(went on)

P1: So when u were working how did u find the time
S: for e.g. when I was waiting for the client before a sales meet… a connected laptop always came in handy… and with doctors waiting time is anyways high (went on)

P1: so since you blog… I m sure u will have this interview experience on ur blog in a weeks time
S: yes sir… I do write about them

All panelists chatting: and we will be described as pink shirt guy, specs guy etc… All of us have seen pagalguy (Laughing)

S: Sir I do post on pagalguy too… but I use terms like professor 1 P2 etc… I feel it is not correct to use bad adjectives…

P3: anyways if u do also… it will not affect your chance of making it, we can laugh about that….

P2: So what do you thing about marketing using blogs
S: sir should I talk about internet as a marketing medium?

P2: no restrict yourself to blogs
S: told them about famous blogs, relevant users, pay-per-click etc etc (went on)

P3: Ok… so what calls do you have
S: sir A C I K

P3: All interviews done
S: yes sir, this is the last one

P1: Ok thank you
S: Thank you sirs…

It was a conversation… we were just talking…. Infact I got in some points which I wanted the faculty to know just in the conversation .. I don’t remember the Lady asking me anything….

This is all I can remember… I think there were some more questions..

So again I have no idea if it was good or bad… fingers all crossed

March kaisa bhi jaye, April should be good!!!!

Stay good guys!!

2 comments:

vaibhaV said...

Hi...so you are dat "two vadapavs" guy... had met ya in A n C if u remember...a guy from a b-school, wanting to make a shift... :) a cool PI dude,n yes...April will be deff. good... :)

Siddarth said...

all the best..